Most recent $SPOT conference transcript, from 20.11.2019 – RBC Capital Markets TIMT Conference: https://t.co/Ws5Zirn5cZ— sebidscap (@sebidscap) November 20, 2019
1. Spotify had like ~13 or 23 engineers working on ad-tech 3y ago. Now it’s 200. Pushing automation, programmatic & ad insertion tech, especially for podcasts.
2. Continuing to add 2x more subs per month vs Apple at 2x the number of premium subs vs $AAPL AT TWICE THE ENGAGEMENT(!) (=4x listening vs Apple!).— sebidscap (@sebidscap) November 20, 2019
3. Higher gross margins after rollout of two-sided marketplace.
4. better data analytics & marketing ability for labels & artists.
5. Vogel won’t allow paid listening / paid listing on your playlists as it dilutes user experience. Labels/artists won’t be able to just pay to make you listen.— sebidscap (@sebidscap) November 20, 2019
6. Music also is a giant wave you’d be interested in surfing.
Not sure if I may quote, thus: Go read the last page!
$SPOT goal to get ad business to 20% of revenue— 🌩️𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖚𝖉🌩️ (@schaudenfraud) November 25, 2019
In developed markets, ad-supported margins are now higher than premium margins
Spotify is excited about podcast effect on user behavior but need another quarter or two to figure our if it’s correlation or causation
$SPOT on discussing podcasts, didn’t want to “light the rocket of investor expectations” ahead of figuring out if podcasts are driving user behavior.— 🌩️𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖚𝖉🌩️ (@schaudenfraud) November 25, 2019
Signal they are “feeling super confident”?
“Watch the pace of investment in podcast — inclusive podcast content”
Given the latest announcements, Spotify looks to be feeling confident in podcasts so far…https://t.co/803NxJJGOW— 🌩️𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖚𝖉🌩️ (@schaudenfraud) November 25, 2019
All these business models linked to advertising is some form are going to get sh*t on big time in a down turn. Particularly if they can’t make money in the biggest consumer driven bull market ever. $SPOT $PINS $TWTR $SNAP…et al https://t.co/gpC7vXp7IV— Annabelle Miller (@abellemiller) November 25, 2019