Tin-foil hat: Tesla didn't pick Germany for GF4. CCP did.— Kawasaki_KR-1 (@KawasakiKR11) January 6, 2020
German auto cos depend on CHN market like JPN auto cos depend on US market. Germans won't interfere w/ whatever CCP wants to do w/ Tesla in Germany.
1. The car industry has one of the highest wages in Ger (among the 20 best paying companies, 7 are car manufacturers or suppliers)— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
2. In Ger there is a huge shortage of unemployed qualified workers or workers willing to change (green and blue lines) pic.twitter.com/b0wU4PaddV
3. The labor unions are really strong in Ger. In 2018 a total of 1.2m workers protested (all branches)— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
4. Labor safety law is strict in the EU and especially for industrial complexes. Violations will make them bleed.
5. my fav one: To get some qualified engineers and workers, tesla WIL HAVE TO get some employes from Daimler, Audi or others. The car industry usually offers:— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
-christmas and holiday money
-bonuses depending on whether business went well
due to governmental pensions sucking hard in Ger, the employer-funded pensions are a huge argument.— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
The problem with them is, the accounting according to IFRS/IAS.
Tesla would have to set up accruals for the pensions (present value).
This may sound hypothetical, but honestly,
why should somebody change to Tesla for less…— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
6. Do NOT underestimate Ger environmental regulations and laws. They can be expensive, sound ridiculous and are pretty strict.
keyword: compensation measures
7. Do not underestimate the impact of sudden protests of activists in
Ger. They sue you because they found a rare shrew near the factory, make the court stop your construction building, occupy your construction machines and annoy you with petitions and in the end, a court rules that you may only emit as much noise as a whispering granny so your— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
factory doesnt interfere with breeding birds.— One of Elon’s hemorrhoids (@kaffeedosenfil1) January 6, 2020
7. Even if Tesla finds some fresh graduates willing to accept shit wages, labor unions will force Tesla to raise wages quickly…
So to sum it up. Hope for Tesla to start building that factory!!!!!!